It is essential to protect the unsafe areas of your dream home, particularly the balconies, the porch, and the staircases. You climb your stairs up and down several times a day, and you are susceptible to slip and fall down easily. Your stairs are more vulnerable and prone to accidents if there are kids or older adults at home. The stair balustrades work as a handrail to them while climbing up or down. If you ignore the significance of adding protection to your stairs, it may result in some fatal accidents at your place. You would be happy to know that you no longer need to ruin the look of your house by installing those boring, monotonous, single-toned brick and mortar stair holders. Now, you have the option to install designer stair balustrades available in a variety of materials, colors, designs, and finishes. However, here we will tell you about some of the points that you need to keep in mind before making your final purchase.
Things To Consider While Choosing Stair Balustrades:
Now that you have made up your mind to install balustrades on your staircase, you need to keep the following points in mind while finalizing your choice:
- Have a look at the design and shape of your staircase. Staircases these days are made up of various designs. Some stairs go up straight, and others are broken on many flights. It depends on the area of the plot and the house so that maximum utilization of the space is obtained. You need to choose the balustrades that can be customized to fit your staircase.
- It is always better to have the balustrades while the staircase is still being constructed. This allows the railings or the bases to hold onto the balustrades in its place so that they can have the more load-bearing capacity. However one can also implant them after the stairs have been made, but then, you should prefer lightweight materials so that they do not come off after a few years.
- Give attention to the design and look of the balustrades. Since your staircase is one of the significant areas of your house décor, the balustrades that you choose should give a beautiful look to your interiors while enhancing the aesthetic value of your home. You can use glass, wood, PVC, wrought iron or any other alternative materials to be the part of the stair balustrades
- Whatever be the material, one should always consider its load bearing capacity and then install. Safety is more important than style. If you are installing stair balustrades, make sure that the material is thick enough to withstand the sudden blow on them. There is a huge range of design options to choose from in every material.
- The design of the balustrades should be matching with the other architecture of the house, else it will look odd, making the place look clumsy. Wrought iron or wooden balustrades can be perfectly used to match every interior, as many designs can be carved on them.
- If one likes to have a classic Victorian style and if there is enough space to increase the width of the stairs then balustrades made of marble look fantastic. It completely changes the interior atmosphere of your dream home and portrays the class and the taste of the people living in.
Over a period, it has been the staircases that attracted the attention of many people. Be it in the movies or at royal palaces, they are one of the most observed places by all. Everybody loves to walk on the red carpet, and the modern-day technology and availability of the resources have made it possible to flaunt with the designs of their stair balustrades along with added safety features.