Are you aware that your bathroom is perhaps the place in your house that gets the most traffic and is handled very roughly all day? Undoubtedly, it is a place where you pamper yourself while having a hot bath on a cold day or spend most of the time beautifying your body or enjoying the showers. But it is also the place where most of the germs and infections are present. Since water is an indispensable part of bathrooms, they are most prone to handle damage due to frequent leaks and spills. That is why it becomes very important to regularly maintain the beauty and condition of your bathroom to keep it clean and hygienic. After a few years, it becomes important to completely renovate your bathroom. Let’
s see what all is involved in bathroom renovations so that you can create a well-planned budget for your project.
Determining The Budget For Bathroom Renovation
If you are going for a complete overhaul of your bathroom, then you need to accept that it would be a costly affair and you will need to spend a good amount of money into it. Therefore, it is wise to identify critical areas where improvement is needed and go for them accordingly. Bathroom renovations typically involve the following procedures:
- Installing new fixtures – Make a list of the new accessories that are to be added in the bathroom after discarding the existing ones, including taps, wash basins, showers, toilet seats etc. Then take an estimate of their cost. There is a huge variety of fixtures available these days. You need to choose the ones that best suit your bathroom interiors while staying within your budget. The value of the fixtures also largely depends on the size of your bathroom and the design and style that you want. So, make your choice wisely.
- Tiles: If you are planning to change the tiles on the walls of your bathroom as well, then the cost will increase significantly. So, decide wisely if you are ready to handle all that.
- Extra accessories: Many people these days have Jacuzzis in their bathroom to pamper their body while having a bath. You may also decide to install a bathtub that may add to the cost. So, if you are planning to have some additional accessories in your bathroom, then you should budget your finances accordingly.
- Drainage system: Apart from the cosmetic changes that can be seen, it is the pipelines and the drainage system that needs most of the correction during bathroom renovations. The leaking pipes or the blocked drains need to be changed, and pipelines need to be replaced. Since you cannot go for a renovation every year, this one thing should not be neglected if you are having one now.
- Flooring: One of the significantly vulnerable areas of the bathroom that gets the most hammering is the floor. It is often seen that everything is excellent in the bathroom except for the floor tiles. They get cracked and damaged, after which water starts seeping through them and leaking to other parts of the house. Therefore individual budget allocations should be kept for repairing or replacing the floor tiles of the bathroom as well.
- While going for bathroom renovations, one should keep in mind certain features that you might have missed during your previous repairs. They may be the extra electrical point for the shaver and the trimmer or the location for fitting the exhaust fans. Plan your budget accordingly. Add up all these expenses and proceed for well-planned bathroom renovations.
The bathroom needs to be renovated, and it is indeed an expensive job to be done. Proper planning can cut down the cost drastically though it is certain that the actual cost of bathroom renovations will be more than the estimations. However, one can do the best to stay near the estimates if the planning is done wisely.