A room designed for commercial purposes such as to store food items and medicinal supplies at low temperatures is known as freezer room. They replace numerous upright freezers with a large insulated room having built in individual freezer compartments which are temperature controlled by a central refrigeration system. Freezer rooms are built as per the purpose of every application. These rooms can be really versatile depending on where they are being used. For example, a normal walk-in refrigerator is comparatively small and has a different temperature than the freezer room of a storage house. However, freezer rooms have to be maintained well or else they become a burden for most of the businesses. Here are a few advantages one can derive from a freezer room.
- Modern Refrigeration System: freezer rooms are reliable as they provide airtight seals and temperature regulation controls. They can also be customized as per one’s needs. This makes sure that goods are kept in a controlled environment and remain fresh at all times. Freezer rooms operate on modern insulation technology.
- Improved Accessibility and Organization: with the cold storage rooms it has become easier to get access to what one needs out of the numerous products and goods kept in the freezer. By installing shelving units, one can make better use of the space available to them. These freezer rooms are ideal for kitchens at a restaurant and cafes where the food products need to be easily accessible.
- Flexible Size and Storage Space: size is one of the major benefits that we get from a freezer room. Numerous sizes are available but all of them will provide us with ample space to keep our goods and produce. This can be cost-effective too as we have plenty of space, we can order products in bulk and restock them for further use.
- Enhanced Safety Features: these freezers are safe to use as they come equipped with heavy duty hinges, inside door releases and deadbolt locking. These features make any expensive and valuable stock kept away from theft. Also, if any staff gets locked inside these freezer rooms then they can release the door from the inside very easily. These freezers can be customized as per the needs of the customer.
- They ensure the protection of products and materials.
- They reduce the amount of floor space required by individual refrigerators.
- Operating costs are saved as they dissipate less condenser heat to the room.
- Reduce the maintenance costs by maintaining only one single system instead of many individual systems.
- It helps to eliminate frost.
Features of a Freezer Room
- Liquid nitrogen backup system for redundant refrigeration
- Audible and visual alarms to be included in the doors in case they are left open or the temperature rises making it an unsuitable environment for the product kept.
- Backup systems are available in case of a power failure or for maintenance purposes.
- There is minimal moisture infiltration
- Lightings should be fluorescent or incandescent depending on the temperature
- Compartments and hallways are made up of stainless steel with white suspended ceilings.
To sum it up Freezer rooms are a walk-in facility which uses refrigerants to control its internal temperature same as the domestic refrigerator at a larger scale. The temperatures vary from above to below the freezing point largely depending on the item to be stored. Keeping running costs down and safeguarding at your convenience these systems are built to specifically meet one’s requirements. Freezer rooms are best suited for kitchens and places where large amounts of products have to be stored at a particular temperature. Freezer rooms prove to be more convenient to be used by workers than normal refrigerators. These rooms are designed in a way that minimizes ingress of heat and moisture.