There are industrial processes which convert metal into sheets or thin, flat, metal pieces so that the metal can be cut later on into different shapes.
- There are different kinds of fabricated objects which can be made of this metal. There are different thicknesses as well. There are the foil or leaf which are very thin and thicker than that are called plates.
- This metal is then available either in coiled strips or in flat pieces. These coils are formed by what allows them to run through a roll slitter. There are different thicknesses and this is known as gauge. The thicker the gauge, the thinner is the metal.
Grades of Steel Vary According to Their Quality:
There are different grades for stainless steel. The 304 grade is the most commonly used as it is corrosion resistant and it also can be welded and can be formed into different materials.
- There are different finishes such as the #2B, #3 as well as the #4. This also has good durability and the surfaces are easy to clean. These do not have much of a foothold for dirt or corrosion or bacteria.
- However, Grade 303 is not available in sheets. The 304 #4 finishes are brushed finishes and they have a sanded texture. These usually have a PVC film so that there is protection against scratches. This is used even in automotive, for making medical equipment and even high-end furniture.
High Quality Steel is Corrosion-resistant So It Gives you a Great Value for Money:
Grade 316 is what has more strength as well as better resistance to corrosion. This can withstand high temperatures as well.
- This is used in valves, pumps, marine applications and chemical equipment and is available in finishes from #2 to #4. The 2B is used mainly in the chemical, marine, pharmaceutical and oil industries.
- This works well even in sub zero temperatures and it has good mechanical properties. This is used especially where extreme heat is to be taken care of. Grade 410 has lesser corrosion resistance and this is used in cutlery.
- This only has dull finishes. This is more resistant to corrosion as compared to 430 grades. Grade 430 is used for those articles where it need not be resistant to corrosion. These articles usually have a brushed finish and these are used in decorative applications.
Stainless Steel has Multiple Functions and Utilities:
Stainless steel of 24 gauge is used in making of gutters, backsplashes, downspouts, flashings as well as replacement panels which are meant for refrigerators as well as dishwashers.
- The 22-gauge stainless steel sheets are used for making downspouts, backsplashes, gutters and flashings. The 20-gauge stainless steel sheets are made into flashings and gutters. The 18- and 16-gauge are used for countertops and for making kitchen hoods.
- The 14-gauge is used for making structural applications, architectural applications and countertops which are the heavy duty kind. The 12-gauge sheets are used for both structural and architectural applications.
- Stainless steel plates are put to a variety of uses. It is used where corrosion resistance is needed and it is used in the food hygiene industry as well as for making of appliances for medical use due to the anti-bacterial properties.
Stainless steel plates are used in fuel and chemical tankers, for petro chemical and chemical plants, in the food processing industries, pharmaceutical industries, architecture, as well as in construction. These are also used for making of kitchen equipments, manifolds for aircraft exhaust, decorative applications, expansion of joints, tubing of heating elements, furnace parts, making of heat exchangers, metal trimming and moulding etc. in addition to hinges and cabinet hardware.
There are many factors to consider, before you choose the stainless steel sheets. You can search from the online portals to get an idea about the sizes, the types and the cost of the aluminum screen doors.