There are a number of reasons why one would not be able to wait for the normal shift of a plumber to on a weekday. The below-given circumstances are some of the main reasons why people opt to call for Emergency Plumbing Services – regardless of the time of day or the day of the week.
- When there is unexpected water damage in the home. This cannot wait for a working day or or the working hours of a plumber, for every minute delay would aggravate the problem. If there is water damage and that too a significant amount, you need to have an emergency plumber in your immediate reach, in order to ensure that the structural damage is taken care of or at least minimized to a certain level. It will also prevent your furniture and fittings from getting spoilt due to this water damage.
- Clogged drains are always a nuisance. When there are clogged drains, you cannot have access to running water and this severely cripples your daily activities, especially if it is the kitchen sink or the shower which is clogged.
- When a pipe is burst, based on the severity of the burst, there can be significant water damage. This situation cannot be remedied by the home owner and hence, a professional support is required to take care of it. In case the home owner tries to repair such damages on their own, it could lead to worsening of the situation.
- Frozen pipes, just like pipe bursts, are a major issue and this causes a stoppage of running water through the pipeline at home. Therefore, a qualified plumber needs to take care of this. This problem can be mitigated by heating the home periodically, even when you are away.
- When the toilet overflows as a result of foreign bodies being flushed down through it, not only is it unsightly, it is embarrassing too and when the clogs are too much to handle by yourself, the services of an emergency plumber are required. He or she can save you from the hassles you may encounter while doing this by yourself, and also can help prevent water damage due to the toilet overflowing.
- When there is flooding in the home, you need to call an emergency plumber right away. This flooding could be due to any amount of reasons including leaks, burst pipes, over-flooding toilets or sinks, leaking faucets and more. These can ruin the walls, the furniture, flooring and even the ceiling.
- Sometimes bathrooms have shower caddies which hang from the shower head or from the taps. These hold body wash, conditioner, shampoo and other things. The combined weight sometimes puts a huge strain on the fixtures and such weight, over time, would cause the fixture to bend or the shower head or pipe to crack. This causes gushing of water or in some cases, a minimal dripping of water. This is one of the reasons why emergency plumbers are required.
The reasons one should call emergency plumbers are that they are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, regardless of whether it is a weekend or a holiday. They usually have fast response times and they are licensed as well as experienced, especially in dealing with such emergencies.
They also offer expert advice to the home owner. They inform them when they feel it will be more cost effective to replace rather than repair the appliances. They also inform the home owner how they can prevent the issues in the future and the root causes of such emergency, in the first place.
These plumbers use protective footwear and they clean up after they have finished their work and so the home does not have mud marks or boot scuffs.