On a hot sunny day, an appliance like air conditioner can be really a boon. Air conditioning is the process that removes heat from a confined space, cools the air, and removes humidity. Air conditioning can be used at, both, home and in a work place. But during summer season using an air conditioner can be really costly. Lot of electricity will be consumed if the appliance has to run night and day. When it breaks down you will also have to spend money on servicing and repairing it. That is why it is better to know how to use an air conditioner in a way that it will not be a burden on you.
Tips That Can Be Used To Save Your Money And Yet Get The Best Use Of Your Air Conditioner
- It is very important to choose the right air conditioner that can meet your needs. It is not as easy as going to a shop and buying a dress. May be color, size and quality is all that matters with a dress. But that is not the same with an air conditioner. You need to know the cooling capacity of the appliance. If it is too small for your room then there is no point in buying such ones. If the cooling capacity is too much, then it can be too expensive for you. So if you want an air conditioner that can do a satisfactory ob, remember to research the right one.
- Know what all is involved in the installation of the air conditioner. Check if your room or home has proper wiring, right circuit, amperage and voltage. It is better if you avoid wire lines that already have a lot of appliances. If possible you can install the air conditioner in a place where there is shade.
- During off season turn off the appliance and keep the ventilation like doors and windows open and let natural air come in. To increase outside air circulation you can use portable fans.
- Don’t turn the air conditioner on when it extremely hot. It can take long time to cool down the space. Instead what you can do is, turn the AC early in the day so that it can cool the area when it gets too hot. When the heat is high do not do activities like cooking, doing your laundry etc. This can generate even more heat and humidity.
- To reduce heat from outside you can close the window blinds and doors. But do not block the back of the unit completely. To avoid blockage in the airflow you can regularly change and clean the filters. It is best to use a vacuum cleaner to clean any parts of the air conditioner. It will help in cleaning and removing the tiniest dust particles. Do all these cleaning job before the hot season starts. It will avoid a lot of tension and irritation and you can expect to have good cooling on a hot sunny day.
Once you feel the room or your home is cooled enough and you can turn the air conditioner off, you can choose to turn the ceiling fan on. This will help the cool air to circulate to all corners of the room and keep it cooler for a long time. Some air conditioners which are old and were manufactured ages ago can consume a lot of electricity. Even if you follow the above tips and still feel there is no difference in lowered electricity bills, a wise thing to do will be to make available in a new air conditioner with latest technology. When you know what you need, that can help you in buying something that can satisfy your needs.