Air conditioners are no longer items of luxury as they used to be in the past. There was a time when these devices were only used by the rich and wealthy people as the price was too high and beyond the reach of common people. The numbers of manufacturers were a handful. Gradually, as the demand increased, more manufacturers came into the scene and as per the law of demand and supply, the price came down considerably, and today, air conditioners can be afforded by people from different sections of the society. As mentioned, it is no longer an item of luxury, these days, AC’s have become indispensable, and particularly for those who live in a place where extreme hot climate prevails.
Purchasing an air conditioner is quite a simple task, like any other electronic apparatus. However, what is not simple is its maintenance. Air Conditioners are very delicate and would start showing signs of wear and tear within a very short span of time, if not taken care of properly.
Two Ways For Air Conditioning Maintenance
- The user can make sure that the unit is being properly maintained and looked after. Following the manual that comes along with the device can also ensure longevity of the unit.
- Getting the device checked up at frequent intervals i.e. at least thrice a year by a professional AC repairing agency.
In the following section of this article, you will be offered a brief insight into some important tips which would be helpful for you as a user as far as air conditioning maintenance is concerned.
Tips for Air Conditioning Repairs and Maintenance
Without getting into much of technicalities, you as a user can make sure that your AC is in a proper condition. All you need to do is to make sure that you followed the three simple steps.
- Dust Free: It is very important to make sure that the place where the air conditioner is installed is devoid of any kind of dust. Air conditioners emit cold air and it sucks in the hot air at the same time. If there are any suspended dust particles in the air, those would be absorbed by the machine and would settle inside. Over a period of time, they would create a blockage in the system prevent it from emitting the cold air, which it is supposed it.
- Use the Remote: These days, air conditioners, whether it is a Window AC or a Split one, comes with remote control. Remotes do not only make it easier to operate the machine but at the same time, it lets you make sure that the machine is handled properly. For example, while turning off the system, it is recommended to switch it off from the remote first and then use the wall mounted power switch. If you directly turn it off from the power switch, it creates a lot of pressure on the compressor. When it comes to air conditioning maintenance, the remote plays a very important role.
- Clean it: Make sure that the exterior of the AC (both the units in case of a split air conditioner) is clean. Any accumulated dust can be sucked inside which can prevent the circulation of air.
These are some of the steps, which you as a user can take in order to ensure that the device is in a proper condition. However, if your air conditioning maintenance demands expert intervention, in that case, you must get in touch with one at the earliest