According to the World Health Organization, more than two million people suffer from electrical burns and related deaths every year. With this in mind, it is certainly not worth taking a risk with your person, life or property with electrical DIY projects. With the many appliances we use each day, it becomes mandatory to ensure that all electrical components and fittings around the home are thoroughly tested out for compliance and functionality so that there any untoward incidents are prevented. Thankfully, a professional electrician is at hand to get the job done for us. Apart from helping install electrical fittings into a new home, an electrician also deals with repair and maintenance jobs that may come up over time.
Responsibilities of a Reputed Electrician
- Accumulates, sets up, checks and ensures that the electrical cabling, apparatus, machines, devices and fittings are running smoothly.
- Makes a diagnosis regarding out of order equipment and electrical objects, using advanced test equipment to detect the source of a failure and fix the issue.
- Checks the electrical wirings and equipment to find out risks and flaws, and to make sure that proper standards are maintained.
- Can work in commercial, industrial as well as residential sectors with the right license and certifications.
- Can renovate the entire electrical wiring of the house.
- Has the ability to work with complex electrical testing devices.
- Sets up wires, circuits, and fuses for most appliances.
- Reviews and examines constituents of electrical structures such as converters, transfer switches and switch mechanisms.
- While working with a maintenance team, electricians need to find ways on how to improve the efficiency of any system. Checking and repairing equipment is also a part of their job.
- Electricians have the job of linking lights and different types of power systems within your home. When a building is being constructed, these professionals arrange for all the cabling necessary to install the electrical systems of the structure. These experts are also extremely proficient with the use of industrial diagrams, blueprints and specifications necessary for the cabling and connection of electrical systems.
The profession of an electrician has several accountabilities that come along with it. Apart from handling wiring and other electrical work, they ensure that the construction and safety codes are adhered to. The risks are tremendous in this line of work if the proper processes and protection is not in place. The right professional for the job will ensure that all necessary precautions are in place, both for himself and for you when handling a job.
Choosing The Right Electrician
When it comes down to crunch time and you have to make a choice, choose an electrician who is reputed in the neighbourhood. Focus on quality of services rather than just costs since your life and property are worth more than just a little extra on your electrical bill. Get references of past work and check with previous clients as to how they felt when working with the electrician. Was he professional? Did he get the job done with proper safety standards in place? Check on his licenses and certificates so that you can be sure that the person handling the job is the right one.
Finally, compare quotations and choose one where you get good quality services at affordable price. If you feel that a particular electrician’s work is great but his charges are too high, don’t hesitate to speak up and find out if you can get a discount. More often than not, professionals will be happy to give you a rebate, or at least explain clearly to you as to why they are unable to slash charges further. If the explanation makes sense to you, go ahead and hire him for the job since a professional electrician is worth his pay.