The popularity of evaporative coolers has increased in recent times as they are head and shoulders above the heat pumps in terms of performance. In fact, the cooler is a box-shaped appliance equipped with porous surface to allow the flow of air smoothly.
There are different tips that would go a long way in improving the efficiency of the Evaporative cooling by many notches. Some of them are as follows:
- Seamless Airflow: Air balance would go a long way in regulating the temperature of the rooms. It is important to control the humidity in order to reduce the temperature. The air flow should be equal to the amount pumped inside. Installation of ducts can help improve the balance without any hassles. Open the window to make sure that the room has plenty of cross ventilation points. If the window is open, it can help to release the air pressure and reduce the temperature of the surroundings. If the door is closed, the window should be opened to a greater degree.
- Estimate the Size of the Unit: It is important to determine what the right size of the evaporative cooler is. In addition, the amount of air per cubic feet also needs to be measured. In other words, the CFM number has to be measured in order to take the right decision as far as the selection of the suitable evaporative cooler is concerned. CFM number can be calculated by multiplying the area of the home with the average height of the ceiling measured in feet.
- Elimination of the Pads: The old pads need to be removed and cleaned in a proper manner. A wire brush can be extremely handy to clean the scales in an impeccable manner. In addition, the pain oil surfaces need to be removed with the help of the protective coolant. The reservoir should be drained and flushed and water distribution system needs to be cleaned routinely. Pump screen, impeller, and water distribution tubes are to be monitored strictly and if there are impurities, they need to be eliminated as quickly as possible.
- Check the Electrical Connections: Wires and switches should be scanned to check the electrical connections and worn out insulations. If they are worn out, get it replaced as quickly as possible without any delay. In order to make the evaporative cooler work at its optimum limit, adjust the motor belts to regulate the tension.
- Wetting of the Pads: Water should be wetting the pads to regulate the temperature of the rooms. To ensure cleanliness, it is vital to lubricate the water pump with the motor oil. If the cooling pad is not wet properly, check the flow of water in detail. It should be rectified to get the desired results without.
- Thermostat: Efficiency of evaporative coolers can be improved by installing a thermostat that allows it to stop and start depending on the preset temperature. If the thermostat is not present, you should use the pump for few minutes before switching off the fan. Make sure that the capacity of the water pump is selected according to the size of the room to be cooled.
- Adding Ice: Ice should be introduced to the water tank to enhance the cooling capacity by many notches. Cool air blown from the fan is bound to provide relief from the sultry heat. If the humidity is strong, more ice needs to be added to get the desired effect.
If you want to know more about evaporative cooling stay connect with internet for getting more and more information!