Now whether you are working in an office or relaxing at home, you would definitely not like to compromise over your comfort level. Do you feel hot in your home or office? If yes, then to reduce the temperature you need some air cooling device in the premises. Due to oppressive heat, your work at home or office should not get affected. In such situation, opting for an evaporative cooling device can work in your favor. In fact, when you consider the cost of an air conditioning system, you do not feel like buying it, even if you suffer from the scorching summer heat. On the contrary, evaporative cooling conditioners or machines are the best way to cool your home and office as they cool the surrounding by evaporating water, and these are not so much costly as an air conditioner.
Do you know what evaporative cooler is all about?
- It is an appliance which you can find in the market in a box shape with one or different porous surface. Such surfaces allow air to pass through efficiently.
- A fan placed in this unit has the capacity to pull the outside air. At the porous surface, you can find the pad with water absorbing material that allows producing cool air. Pad needs to be damp and not soaked for promoting effective cooling.
Do you know the right way to adjust the air flow?
For proper functioning of an evaporative cooling unit, it becomes very much essential for you to appropriately adjust the air flow. Proper air balance can be created when the same volume of air, flows inside and outside your room. When you are using such unit, consider opening the window.
Do you know how to buy the right size of evaporative cooling unit?
How many CFM the selected evaporative cooler can pump? CFM is cubic feet of air per meter. It is important to determine CFM so that you can find it easy to select the right size of an evaporative cooler. Generally, on the unit itself, you can locate this CFM number. In order to calculate the CFM number, you need to first know the ceiling height and square footage of your home or office. Carry out multiplication of square footage and ceiling height number and then divide it by 2.
Do you know how to take care of your evaporative cooling unit?
If you are using an evaporative cooler, then cleaning cannot be ignored. There is moisture in the unit and so you need to clean it for two times on annual basis. Improper cleaning can lead to the growth of algae or mildew. The evaporative cooling system does not emit CFCs in the environment, but if dirt and dust get piled up on these cooling units, they can lead to a breeding of pollutants in the air, and cause diseases. So the old pads and filters can also be replaced. Even you can carry out basic cleaning process like:
- Cleaning pad frames and flushing the stored water from the reservoir need to be done on a regular basis.
- You can make use of cooler protectant to paint the surface area of the evaporative cooler.
- If you find any kind of crack tubing, then consider replacing it.
- It is also important to clean water distribution tubes, pump impeller and pump screen.
- Regularly check connections and electrical wiring details.
- Check out whether cooler pad is getting the regular supply of water or not.
Evaporative cooling units and AC units serve the same purpose of keeping air cool but the operating system of both the units are different. AC unit can work best when the room is airtight and on the other hand evaporative cooling unit can work best when a certain amount of outside air circulates in the room.