If you are looking for the ultimate comfort in your house during the sweaty days of the summers, then the split system air conditioner is the one who can satisfy you. The split air conditioner consists of two or more units that have been split. While central air conditioning systems are not possible to be installed, the split air cooling system is the second best option since it does a good work of cooling in an affordable range.
Installing the split system:
There are basically two main parts of a split air conditioner which are namely indoor unit and the outdoor unit.
- Indoor unit – Indoor unit simply as the name suggests is the part which has to be placed inside the room or in the interior. It is the main unit which is responsible for removing the hot air from your rooms, and for keeping them cool. Deciding the location where to install your air conditioner is a tough task, because once you fix it to the wall, then you cannot shift it without leaving the ugly marks behind. Here are some suggestions that will help you in deciding the location of the indoor unit. One should install the indoor unit in such a place in the room from where the air could be distributed in an even manner.
- To get the maximum cooling effect, the unit should be placed directly above the bed. The minimum height between the floor and your unit should be 8 to 10 feet so that the whole room is cooled and not merely the hot roof. Another important fact that should be kept in mind is locating the unit in a place from where you can easily access it so that cleaning the filters can be done easily. If you selected the unit to be installed above some window, then it should be in symmetry with the window.
- Outdoor Unit – This unit is the one which gets rid of the hot air. While you can install it in any place outside your home, there are some things keeping which in mind would avoid later problems. The place chosen should be large so that air can freely flow out from the compressor as well as the condenser. Terrace is the best place for installing this unit. Just like the indoor unit, it should be easily accessible. The surface on which the unit will be placed should be rigid.
Benefits of the split air conditioning system
- Easy installation – In split AC there are not duct works to be installed and hence the units are very easy to be installed. There is only need to install the two units in separate places.
- Easy maintenance – Not only does a split AC is easy to install but also easy to maintain. The filters are washable and anyone at home can do it. The outdoor units are also designed in such a way that they are easy to repair and design.
- Noise free – The window Ac makes quiet some noise while cooling which is disturbing. The split one on the other hand are designed to work in silence so that there is no disturbance in your sleep or while you are doing your important work.
- Heating Option – Split System Air Conditioner can be provided with climate control feature which includes heating your room during the chilly wintery nights. Thus, you get a complete climate controlled for your room which will keep you comfortable all around the year.
Moreover, the split air conditioning units comes with a remote which makes it extremely easy to control from anywhere in the room. Also, the sleek and attractive design makes your room look beautiful and not shabby.